Sunday, April 16, 2017

Shockingly, Temple Grandin Doesn't Know Everything

Yet again, Temple Grandin giving advice, without realizing what actually happens. In the poorer and middle class neighborhoods. I wouldn't Temple to go there and see, it would hurt her ears, so please remember, what you see maters and wright about it if you can.
"Help out at an animal shelter or get a paper route." I suspect someone put these ideas in my head when I was a pre-teen over 20 years ago...
Even opportunities like these take a lot of effort, form parents for little or no gain for their child. My parents paid for the tetanus shot, so I could work, like one day at the animal shelter before my autoimmune disorder started making me sleep all the time...The paper rout jobs, in my area didn't add up for those who had cars and since, what happened to the paper boy a block away, from where I grew up, my parents did not want to let their me out, alone early in the morning. When industries bully a profit out of everything, parents are scraping to make ends meet, and the water even eats through plastic cups after a few years, there really aren't a lot of affordable jobs for young people.
Companies need to realize that chemical and sonic warfare are not really as profitable as they seem...They are destroying their human assets with toxic conditions. If kids can't digest their food because the water is bad, they will want soda and eat sugar and many of them will get diabetes or suffer incontinence....Most of the available jobs in my area are in "healthcare" we have enough sick people, we don't need noxious weed mosquito abatement, to mess up the environment.
If they want to help, us get jobs, they should bring back the clean water, gardens and quiet places to sleep, they had back when Temple Grandin's advice was up to date.

So let me leave you with 2 very important questions, and 2 articles.

Question 1: What can businesses do to help the Autism community?

Question 2: The "Autism bill" helps parents pay for treatments, what would you do to insure those treatments where human? What treatments have you encountered that where inhuman.

Of course I will be eager to share your important incites.

Thank You Mary E Ester, Esther, Easter Tormey, (Easter added just to be festive)

"Temple Grandin on how businesses can help autism community"
http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20170407/BLOG012/170409891/temple-grandin-on-how-businesses-can-help-autism-community

"Autism bill gaining momentum, local organization stands behind it"
http://whnt.com/2017/04/16/autism-bill-gaining-momentum-local-organization-stands-behind-it/

No comments:

Post a Comment